iola

The Sacred Cipher: A Novel
Terry Brennan
Sons of Thunder
Susan May Warren
Blood Ransom PB (Mission Hope)
Harris Lisa
Too Close to Home - Lynette Eason I really like Dee Henderson's writing, and have had trouble finding a worthy sucessor since she seems to have stopped writing. Lynette Eason is the first writer who has come close - not totally suprising, as she says in her author note that Dee Henderson has been her mentor for many years. The story is about a widowed detective working on a case of missing teenage girls that have started to turn up dead. At the same time, he is dealing with problems at home, with a rebellious teenage daughter who blames him for her mother's death. As the case progresses, he meets Samantha, an FBI IT expert, and feels an instant attraction, not least because she initially reminds him of his dead wife. She also feels the attraction, but, as a Christian, does not want to pursue a relationship with a non-believer, least of all a cop.This was a free Kindle/Kobo download, the first in a Christian romantic suspense series. Yes, I liked it, and I will be buying the next in the series - hopefully it is as good. My only complaint is that the Jenna sub-plot was a bit predictable, and I worked out who-dun-it about 2/3 of the way through the book, suggesting it was a bit obvious (I don't usually get it that quickly, which might just say more about me than the author...) Anyway, that is why not 5 stars.