iola

The Sacred Cipher: A Novel
Terry Brennan
Sons of Thunder
Susan May Warren
Blood Ransom PB (Mission Hope)
Harris Lisa
Always the Designer, Never the Bride - Sandra D. Bricker Two years and three months ago, Audrey Regan left Atlanta for New York, hoping to make a name for herself as a wedding dress designer, but Audrey is in desperate need of a career break to keep her dream alive. She is now on her way back to Atlanta, to the Tanglewood Inn, where she will be acting as chief bridesmaid for her childhood best friend, Carly, whose dress she also designed. With Audrey is Kat, her assistant, and she meets all the characters from Sandra Bricker’s two previous Wedding novels, including J.R., the handsome Harley-riding brother of Carly’s new husband. But J.R. has a wanderlust that means he never stays long in any one place, which does not make him the ideal candidate for a relationship no matter what sparks there are between him and Audrey. I have to admit that I got a bit confused with all the characters and their relationships once Audrey arrived in Atlanta, but once I got all the characters straight in my mind, I found Always the Designer to be an enjoyable novel, funny and heart-warming with likeable characters, with a sweet romance and without the bittersweet aspect of Always the Wedding Planner. I particularly liked Russell, the Australian movie star, who provided comic relief on the side. While this was a good read, it was not particularly memorable, but those who read and enjoyed the first two books in the series will no doubt want to read this to find out how the characters are progressing. The final book in the series is due to be published later in 2012.Thanks to Abingdon Press and NetGalley for providing a free ebook for review.This review also appears on my blog, www.christianreads.blogspot.com.